Look, we know that you don’t need another reason to go fishing. We know that you love to go every chance you get and that you’re excited to finally teach your children about the hobby you adore. However, we also know that non-anglers don’t always understand. So just in case you need another excuse, we’ve compiled a list of the top ten best reasons to go fishing. You’re welcome!
Best Reasons to Go Fishing
1. Stress Relief. If you want to have a relaxing afternoon (or morning, or evening), you can’t beat fishing. The ripples in the water, the gentle tug of the line, the wind rustling in the leaves . . . It’s the perfect way to unwind.
2. Quality Time with Friends and Family. Fishing is a wonderful hobby to share with your loved ones because it allows a lot of time for conversation and bonding. Whether you’re with friends or family, you’re sure to enjoy the quality time together.
3. Solitude. On the other hand, if you need some time to yourself, fishing is a great way to escape. You can mull over anything that’s been troubling you, clear your head, and enjoy the solitude.
4. Exercise. Although fishing isn’t typically a vigorous activity, it can be a moderate workout. Try hiking to your fishing spot and walking to a few different locations during the course of the outing.
5. Conservation. The cost of your fishing license will help fund wildlife and conservation programs. We also hope that while you’re out, you’re doing your best to protect and preserve the environment.
6. Survival Skill. Fishing is a valuable skill. Unlikely though it is, you might need your angling techniques to survive someday. For a challenge, consider learning a variety of fishing methods so that you could (if need be) survive in the wilderness on your own.
7. Wildlife and Scenery. Although we live in a glorious world, we spend the majority of our lives looking at the interiors of buildings. So get outside, breathe in the fresh air, keep an eye out for wildlife, and appreciate the beautiful scenery.
8. Food. A lean protein, low in fat, fish is a wonderful addition to a healthy diet. If you fish for your dinner, you won’t have to worry about stopping by the supermarket on your way home, and you’ll save money as well. Plus, you’ll have a wonderful feeling of accomplishment!
9. Competition. Whether you compete with yourself or with friends, fishing is a great way to engage in a bit of healthy competition. Create a challenge and get the ball rolling!
10. Fun. The very best reason to go fishing is because you enjoy it! The thrill of the first catch, putting your feet up and taking it easy, engaging with nature, the long bouts of relaxation mixed with the sudden excitement of reeling in a fish . . . what’s not to love?
Do you agree with our choices for the best reasons to go fishing? If not, why do you most like to fish?
Finally, if you love fishing, someday you’ll likely teach your children to fish. And to make that future fishing trip as fun and stress-free as possible, be sure to check out Kid Casters. Our unique, innovative fishing products are the perfect way to safely introduce your child to the sport of fishing. You might be interested in our (patent pending) no-tangle fishing rods or full fishing rod kits. You can find our products at popular retailers like Bass Pro Shops, Wal-Mart, Cabela’s, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kmart, Toys ”R” Us, Sportsman’s Warehouse.